SWARM IS HIRING
Senior Software Engineer (Go)
Swarm is a system of peer-to-peer networked nodes that create a decentralised storage and communication service. The system is economically self-sustaining due to a built-in incentive system enforced through smart contracts on the
Swarm aspires to shape the future towards a self-sovereign global society and permissionless open markets. On Swarm, applications can run autonomously yet securely in a planetary-scale deployment and execution environment.
Bee is a Swarm client implemented in Go. It’s the basic building block for Swarm Network.
Bee provides low level constructs for file storage, feeds, key-value stores and untraceable communication.
The Swarm Bee team strives to keep things clear and simple, making reasoning and discussions efficient. In a broader sense, this applies to everything we do.
Solid, well-tested code is delivered in an agile manner.
Key technologies are Go, libp2p, protobuf, leveldb, and go-ethereum, as well as various
- Development of the reference Swarm implementation in Go aka Bee
- Bringing code up to spec
- Delivering well-tested code
- Conducting thorough code reviews to your peers
- You like to work remotely
- You are available around CET timezone
- You manage your own time effectively and respect time constraints
- You like to take the initiative
- You don’t need to google SOLID principles
- You can express yourself fluently in English, both verbally and in writing
- A passionate open-source contributor
- Experience with libp2p
- Good grasp of distributed systems
- Acquaintance with cryptographic concepts
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Grafana, Jaeger and OpenTracing
- Competitive compensation as an independent contractor
- An open, flat and transparent work environment
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and ambitious remote team
- Flexible working hours and remote work
To apply, please send your resume and GitHub profile link to firstname.lastname@example.org.