SWARM IS HIRING
Senior API Magician (Go)
Swarm is a system of peer-to-peer networked nodes that create a decentralised storage and communication service. The system is economically self-sustaining due to a built-in incentive system enforced through smart contracts on the
Swarm aspires to shape the future towards a self-sovereign global society and permissionless open markets. On Swarm, applications can run autonomously yet securely in a planetary-scale deployment and execution environment.
Bee is a Swarm client implemented in Go. It’s the basic building block for Swarm Network.
Bee provides low level constructs for file storage, feeds, key-value stores and untraceable communication.
The Swarm Bee team strives to keep things clear and simple, making reasoning and discussions efficient. In a broader sense, this applies to everything we do.
Solid, well-tested code is delivered in an agile manner.
Key technologies are Go, libp2p, protobuf, leveldb, and go-ethereum, as well as various
For the development of our client-facing APIs (HTTP and CLI), we’re looking for a strong candidate with experience designing and shaping APIs. Ideally, you should be fluent with API design principles, have experience with full-stack web development and are aware of the friction points of integrating application frameworks in browsers. You’ll get extra points if you understand web3 concepts and how they affect browser security models.
- Development and maintenance of the client-facing APIs of Swarm’s reference implementation in Go aka Bee
- Take an active role in shaping our APIs
- Coordinate API design with other stakeholders within and outside the organization
- Bringing code up to spec
- Delivering well-tested code
- Conducting thorough code reviews to your peers
- You like to work remotely
- You are available around CET timezone
- You manage your own time effectively and respect time constraints
- You like to take the initiative
- You don’t need to google SOLID principles
- You can express yourself fluently in English, both verbally and in writing
- A passionate open-source contributor
- Experience with libp2p
- Familiarity with web3 concepts and ecosystem
- Good grasp of distributed systems
- Acquaintance with cryptographic concepts
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Grafana, Jaeger and OpenTracing
- Competitive compensation as an independent contractor
- An open, flat and transparent work environment
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and ambitious remote team
- Flexible working hours and remote work
To apply, please send a cover letter along with your resume and GitHub profile link to firstname.lastname@example.org.