SWARM IS HIRING
Swarm is a system of peer-to-peer networked nodes that create a decentralized storage and communication service. The system is economically self-sustaining due to a built-in incentive system enforced through smart contracts on the Ethereum blockchain.
Swarm aspires to shape the future towards a self-sovereign global society and permissionless open markets. On Swarm, applications can run autonomously yet securely in a planetary-scale deployment and execution environment.
Bee is a Swarm client implemented in Go. It’s the basic building block for Swarm Network. Bee provides low level constructs for file storage, feeds, key-value stores and untraceable communication.
The Swarm Bee team strives to keep things clear and simple, making reasoning and discussions efficient. In a broader sense, this applies to everything we do.
Solid, well-tested code is delivered in an agile manner.
Key technologies are Go, libp2p, protobuf, leveldb, and go-ethereum, as well as various cryptographic libraries.
Your job is to keep the Swarm network safe and reliable for our users by discovering attacks and vulnerabilities before other people find out. As such,
- You are responsible for continuously examining the source code of the Bee client and it’s dependencies on potential security holes. The means of examination can be, but are not limited to:
- Source-code audit
- Penetration testing
- Analysis of vulnerabilities and their solutions of comparable projects
- Creation of malfunctioning/adversarial nodes
- You work together with the main Swarm architects to recommend solutions to the team
- You collaborate with renowned external auditing firms and are their first point of contact
- You work together with the Swarm devops team in setting up monitoring for the Swarm Network which would detect suspicious activity
- You like to work remotely
- You have an eye for detail
- You are not afraid to break things
- You have an understanding of decentralized protocols and their vulnerabilities for attacks
- You can express yourself fluently in English, at least in writing
- At least knowledge of one programming language in which you are able to conduct attacks on the Swarm network. Golang is preferred
- Be part of a team that empowers digital freedom
- Shape your environment to your preferences to stimulate personal growth
- Competitive compensation
- An open, flat and transparent work environment
- The opportunity to be part of a diverse and ambitious remote team
- Flexible working hours and remote work